We are constantly looking for highly motivated postdoc candidates with various backgrounds in point-of-care diagnostics, biosensors, microfluidics, molecular assays, nanomaterials, and optics. Potential candidates could send their CVs to Prof. Wei (email@example.com) to apply.
Our group routinely seeks one or two Ph.D. graduate students each year. Potential graduate students are encouraged to contact Prof. Wei (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding questions on research projects and the application process.
Promoting undergraduate research is one of our lab traditions. We are looking for dedicated undergraduate students to join the lab for hands-on research experience. Undergraduate students with various backgrounds from all STEM majors are welcome to apply. Focused research areas will include but not be limited to biomedical micro-devices, imaging and sensing, nanomaterials and nanofabrication, bioassays, microfluidics, and image processing. Interested candidates should send their CVs to Prof. Wei at email@example.com.
A list of peer-reviewed articles contributed by previous and current undergraduate researchers (underlined) can be found below:
- Rajesh Paul, Emily Ostermann, Qingshan Wei*. Advances in point-of-care nucleic acid extraction technologies for rapid diagnosis of human and plant diseases. Biosens. Bioelectron. 2020, 169, 112592
- Zheng Li, Tao Yu, Rajesh Paul, Jingyuan Fan, Yuming Yang, and Qingshan Wei*. Agricultural Nanodiagnostics for Plant Diseases: Recent Advances and Challenges. Nanoscale Adv. 2020, 2, 3083-3094
- Rajesh Paul, Emily Ostermann, Zhen Gu, Jean B. Ristaino, and Qingshan Wei*. DNA Extraction from Plant Leaves Using a Microneedle Patch. Curr. Protoc. Plant Biol., 2020, 5, e20104
- Zheng Li, Rajesh Paul, Taleb Ba Tis, Amanda C. Saville, Jean C. Hansel, Tao Yu, Jean B. Ristaino, and Qingshan Wei*. Non-Invasive Plant Disease Diagnostics Enabled by Smartphone-Based Fingerprinting of Leaf Volatitles. Nature Plants. 2019, 5, 856–866
- Zheng Li, Shengwei Zhang, Tao Yu, Zhiming Dai, and Qingshan Wei*. Aptamer-Based Fluorescent Sensor Array for Multiplexed Detection of Cyanotoxins on a Smartphone. Anal. Chem. 2019, in press
- Rajesh Paul, Amanda C. Saville, Jeana C. Hansel, Yanqi Ye, Carmin Ball, Alyssa Williams, Xinyuan Chang, Guojun Chen, Zhen Gu*, Jean B. Ristaino*, and Qingshan Wei*. Extraction of Plant DNA by Microneedle Patch for Rapid Detection of Plant Diseases. ACS Nano, 2019, 13, 6540-6549
- I. Hernández-Neuta, F. Neumann, J. Brightmeyer, T. Ba Tis, N. Madaboosi, Q. Wei*, A. Ozcan*, and M. Nilsson*. Smartphone-Based Clinical Diagnostics: Towards Democratization of Evidence-Based Health Care. J. Intern. Med. 2019, 285, 19-39